Monday, August 9, 2010

Beginners Art,Brushes

As you can see these are some of my (well worn) brushes,my favourites!


When I give my Art Classes I advise to use good brushes.


Sizes I recommend to start with are ,

1ins Flat, 1/2ins Flat, no. 1 or no.2 Round

also a "rigger"brush is great for the likes of tree branches and grass.








Cheap brushes are fine to practice with, but as you progress you will find the hair is coarse and leaves brush strokes on your painting and you will find it hard to get definition . Samples of these brushes are in the photo below.


















As you see here, you can pick up sets quite cheaply and good value in your art shop.
I prefer Daler Rowney acrylic brushes but that's just my choice.
Keeping Acrylics Wet.
Stay-Wet pallets are great for this.They come similar to a plastic container with a sheet of blotting paper on the base and a sheet of greaseproof paper on top,you wet this and it keeps your paints very use able for a week or more and it means you don't waist any paint.






I hope this has been helpful to you,if you have any questions please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment