Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TREAD SOFTLY - POEM by W.B.Yeats


As I am a member of "The Crafts Council of Ireland", textile section,

I was asked if I would like to produce a piece of work relating to the poem

"Tread Softly" by William B. Yeats . A challenge for me indeed as I am not very familiar with poetry and their meanings, but I love a challenge and thought why not!

As I make hand embossed velvet scarves , I interpreted the poem ,(to my own meaning)on a deep blue velvet scarf.
I embossed the "Foot,Stars and Celtic Knot"on the velvet and embroidered the other designs in gold,silver and green threads and silk ribbon for the rose.
I have been working on this for quite a while now so I thought I would share this with you











"TREAD SOFTLY "

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

"W.B.Yeats"

3 comments:

  1. The velvet jewelry bags are beautiful! I really like them :)

    I am now following your blog. I will stop by again soon!
    carla louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf and beautiful interpretation of Yeats' poem... on fabric. That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete